VoIP stands for Voice Operated Internet Protocol, sometimes called IP telephony – in other words, making phone calls over the internet. You’ve probably used Skype and WhatsApp, both of which are VoIP services, but the great news is that you can also use it to communicate through a standard mobile or desk-based phone.
We are excited about this development in business communication. VoIP is a great opportunity for businesses to use the latest technology and save on their phone bills at the same time. It is particularly good for businesses which have more than ten phone users. VoIP is the future of business telecommunication and savvy business owners are making the change now to get the best value for money.
Of course, VoIP has its own advantages – changing phone systems isn’t just about aligning to current trends. Here are some of the top reasons businesses are looking to change to VoIP:
- No line rental or call charges. The cost of setting up VoIP is far less than you would have spent in line rental or call charges, so you start saving from the moment you make the change.
- It’s quick to set up. All you need is internet access. This means you save time and start working at your usual level as soon as you connect to the new protocol.
- You and your team members can all keep your existing phone numbers. Unlike other phone service changes, there will be no need to notify clients of the new contact details – the old ones will work on the new system via “number porting.”
- Your whole telephone service will be online, including settings and users. This means you can easily add new employees and contractors to your business phone network, offering a better service to clients and team members alike.
- Increased business agility. Make your employees’ smartphones interchangeable with the handsets on their desks so they won’t miss calls.
All these advantages add up to a smooth, efficient, cost-effective solution for your business, as well as your employees, and great client communication. Increasing numbers of businesses are switching to VoIP – it’s a trend that’s here to stay.
SavingSmart can help you upgrade to VoIP
SavingSmart can now source VoIP services and the supporting IT, in addition to gas, electricity, mobile phone services and card payment systems. To find out more about how we can help your business save money, contact Gilly Carter today on 07909 523 855 or contact us via our website here.
Watch our business video here.